Monday, September 23, 2013

Birthday Surprise!


The top of the bags, full of little balloons and a few big ones
So I wanted to surprise my friend and roommate for her birthday. I looked on pinterest and found all of these balloon avalanche ideas but none of the ideas seemed to have enough balloons for my satisfaction. I pondered how to give her the perfect avalanche and finally I came up with a solution. In our apartment we have very high ceilings and our doors open into our rooms so, I decided to tape a bag above the door, taped to the door and the walls to prevent the balloons from falling out. I also taped the trash bag (and a few grocery bags) in a downward angle to help the flow of balloons onto her when she woke up and opened the door. I used mainly water balloons filled with air, one because I liked the colors better, and you can buy them in packages of 100 at the dollar store. It wound up really working and I was so proud! The only thing I would change about this would be the trash bag size, a bigger trash bag would have been easier, maybe the ones you would use for raked up leaves, so I wouldn't have to use the grocery bags.

The finished product, I used an old box to keep the balloons on her side of the apartment




No comments:

Post a Comment